Monday, March 29, 2010

Not so funny...

I love my kids, but last night Dalton pushed my limit. At 10:30 pm I was exhausted and it was bedtime. Dalton was still going strong and refused to go to bed. After at least an hour of "get back in your bed"..."go to sleep"..."it's way past your bedtime" I finally decided it was not worth the battle. Just as I'm falling asleep I was woke up with a head in my face. A hard enough hit that I knew when I woke up in the morning I would have a black eye. What a way to wake up!

When I asked Dalton why he hit me he said "because you did not wake up mommy". When Ryan asked him he said "I was crawling in bed to sleep with you and mommy because I'm tired". I was so furious. I picked him up, took him back to his bed and told him "do not get back out". This morning when I woke up who is between Ryan and I, but Dalton. I have no idea when he returned, but I am sure glad he did not wake me up as mad as I was at him.

Sure enough my four year old gave me a black eye.

No comments: