Tuesday, December 20, 2011

We have a reader....

I'm a few weeks behind in posting this, but earlier this month Dalton brought home his first basal reader. It's pretty simple, he comes home with a book on Monday's and by the following Monday he should be able to read it to Mrs. Chovanec. A successfull read will result in a new book. Since it was his first book I decided to video him reading to be able to look back on it after a few months of reading. To my amazement he rolled through the entire book with ease. When I asked "have your read this at school?" he said "no, i just got it, it's my homework." Still puzzled we continued with his math homework. I decided to write a note to his teacher. As a result he received a new book the very next day, which again he read with no assistance. We have come to learn that he loves to read! We have gone through several books and during Christmas break his teacher sent a brand new workbook and several books to keep him busy. He loves to do his homework each night and it's pure joy in my heart to see him excited about learning. We absolutely love St. Paul's which is making my decision so much more difficult come February.



1 comment:

The Flasowskis said...

SO proud of him! Great job, Dalton!