Monday, April 4, 2011

A Weekend Away

This past weekend Ryan surprised me with a trip to San Antonio to the Riverwalk for my 30th Birthday. It was an opportunity for the two of us to get away, no kids, no plans, just pure simple relaxation. It has been way too long since we had an opportunity to simply get away. It was just what I needed, but way to short. We enjoyed sleeping in, relaxing in peace and quiet, doing what we wanted to do and not what the kids would have wanted to do and did I say simply RELAX. We also enjoyed our fair share of food and drinks. We certainly won't wait near as long to do this again. Thanks Grannie and Grandpa for watching the kiddos. I'm sure you need a vacation now. Thanks to my wonderful husband for making all the plans and surprising me. I certainly am one lucky lady to have you in my life.

We stayed at The Westin on the Riverwalk. I might add on the 10th floor with an amazing view.

Friday night we decided to enjoy some Mexican Cuisine and Drinks at Casa Rio, one of the oldest restaurants on the Riverwalk.

After dinner we took a stroll and headed back to the room. This was our view outside on the balcony.


Saturday morning we slept in, got dressed and headed out with no plans. Here is a view from the balcony in the daylight. 

We enjoyed lunch at Joe's Crab Shack and then headed to Rivercenter Mall for some shopping. 

It's been years since we were here, but the landscape, atmosphere and scenery are amazing. 



I should have known that a trip to Bass Pro Shop was in the mix, but luckily I enjoy the store, just maybe not quite as much as he does. 

Saturday night  we enjoyed sitting at a patio table on the Riverwalk at the Saltgrass Steakhouse. I told you this trip was about two things relaxation and food. I think we successfully managed both.


No comments: