Friday, October 1, 2010

St. Paul's Fundraiser

Last night was a crazy night for us. First of all our week nights are pretty routine since Dalton does not do any extracurricular activities just yet, so throwing in a HUGE school fundraiser during the week messes with our routine. This was our third year so you would think we would be prepared, but are you ever really prepared for anything especially when kids are involved? As I look back to the two previous years the thought runs through my mind "how did I manage taking Dalton by myself?". Well I certainly could not have managed this year with both of them by myself. Thank you to my fabulous husband for the extra set of hands, especially at the end when the silent auction closed.

This was Dalton's 1st year to sing during the event. I think he enjoyed playing around on stage more than actually singing, but they are below for your listening pleasure. 




For those of you reading that are not aware of the production that St. Paul's Parent Support Group puts on each year I will enlighten you briefly. This is an annual event that raises between $40K to $50K dollars that supports the CDS needs and keeps tuition rates at a minimum. They sell close to 4000 meal tickets, have several hundred silent auction items, games for the kids to play, bucket drawings, children sing and this year they added a raffle drawing. It takes months of planning and several days of set-up. I only wish I took more pictures to share, but all in all we had a good night.










Check out this cake. It was made by Brenham Olde Town Bakery and donated by one of the Kindergarten classes. It brought $1,000 in the silent auction.

 
 


No comments: