Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Getting Some Zzzzzz

You don't realize what a good night sleep is until you don't get it. It all started last October when the bladder started waking me up at least once a night and before Mallory was born I was up at least three times a night depending on how early I went to bed. That also does not include the nightly wake up calls from Dalton. "Mommy I'm thirsty. Mommy I'm not tired anymore, let's play. Daddy, Mommy won't get up." Getting sleep seemed like to much work so some nights it was just easier to stay up or nap on the couch.

On November 18 my sleeping changed considerably. I was up and down every 2 to 3 hours day and night. Ryan offered to help during the night, but I would not let him. You see I felt guilty because I did not have to go to work and I knew his alarm was going off at 5:00 am. This pattern continued up until 2 weeks ago. YAHOOOOO!!! I can finally sleep all night with no interruptions or at least no feedings. Dalton will occasionally make his way to our bed still, but he crawls in and we are back to sleep.

I have been waiting to post this because I thought it was to good to be true, but I feel we have made this hurdle. Mallory usually takes her last night time feeding around 10:00 pm and she is out until 5:00 am, but she is my alarm clock. She always wakes right before the alarm clock is set to go off ready for her morning feeding. It could not have started at a better time with me returning to work this week. Her longest sleeping span was 7:00 pm to 4:30 am not to bad. I felt like I was starving her, but I was NOT waking a sleeping baby. Every morning she has the biggest smile on her face. What a nice wake up call.


No comments: