Monday, December 3, 2012

Mallory's Hair Cut

On November 9th we made the decision to cut Mallory's long blond locks off. She only had her hair trimmed once and that was at 18 months. Otherwise we have never done any cutting in 3 years. Ultimately it was time to do something for both our sakes. Her poor hair had gotten so long, was baby thin and was always in a knot. It got to the point that she would no longer let us brush it much less fix it. I waited patiently a couple months thinking it was just a phase but for all our sanity a cut was needed!

All week we had been talking up the much anticipated cut. Once the day arrived she was not interested in getting it cut. Thankfully Lindsey and Tracey at Thyme Day Spa were understanding. We moved outside to the goldfish pond and she sat patiently on Ryan's lap watching the gold fish while Lindsey started to cut away. I won't lie, I had some tears and even come to a point of regret and thought to myself why did I do this. It was pretty difficult to watch all the hair we have been so used to gone in a matter of minutes. In the end I'm thankful we made the decision. Maintenance is easy and believe it or not she now lets me use a brush and flat iron almost every morning to fix it. Before the haircut this was next to impossible. The new style is growing on us and she looks so darn cute!








No comments: